OPENS April 1st! The big guys will be gone so the Whale Watching Tour will be replaced with renewed focus on our shelled friends. The Turtle Safari will remain open until the whales return, around mid December. Snorkel with sea turtles and fish at multiple sites. Our focus will be on the turtles so sightings are guaranteed!
Oahu Dolphin Excursion
If you're looking to swim with dolphins, this tour time offers the best opportunities to try viewing them underwater!
- Adults (13+ years old)
- Children (4-12 years old, children under 4 not permitted)
- Kama'aina/Military (13+ years old)
- Private Charter (up to 15 persons)
- Group Rate Adults (13+yrs and 6 minimum) Not available during the holidays.
- Group Rate Children (4-12 yrs, must book with Group Rate Adults) Not available during the holidays.
Take an Unforgettable Dolphin Tour in Oahu
We begin as Nai’a I departs from Waianae Boat Harbor and travels along the scenic west coast in search of wild dolphins. Take some of the most incredible photographs of your vacation as the spinners come to visit you and perform their superb aerial stunts. Few people have the opportunity to see these spectacular displays. We follow guidelines that are dictated by Federal Law protecting these animals. We will make sure you observe these animals under an eco friendly leadership giving you a safe open ocean safari you will remember. We will snorkel at sites with Hawaiian Sea Turtles and tropical fish. We often encounter other species of dolphins such as Bottlenose and Spotted dolphins too. During the winter months, we may even get to see a Humpback Whale or two or several. Excursions are led by seasoned island naturalists with years of experience on the Waianae Coast.
Dolphin Excursion Overview
- Only 16 guests per tour! Plenty of room to relax.
- View multiple species of wild dolphins year round and humpback whales in the winter.
- Take incredible photographs of marine life. You can rent one of our Hero 9 or 10’s at check in for $40. You keep the SD card.
- Snorkel with tropical fish, and sea turtles at some of the best reefs Oahu’s west side has to offer.
- Deli lunch includes a sandwich choice with chips. A cooler full of cold, assorted non alcoholic beverages will be on the boat for you to freely help yourselves to.
- Please also feel free to pack your own food and beverages in addition if need. BYOB! We have small soft coolers you may borrow and free ice to top it off.
- Snorkel gear is provided, but bringing your own is fine too.
- Hotel transportation from Waikiki or Ko Olina hotels.
Adults $152 plus tax
Military ID, Hawaii State ID, or Hawaii State Driver’s License must be presented at check in to obtain these discounted rates. Only those that carry these ID’s will be given this exclusive rate in any given group. If ID is not shown, the price difference will be collected at check in before boarding.
We love young children, but this tour is not appropriate for children younger than 4 yrs of age on our public charters. We do allow them on private charters (see below) because the tour is at your own pace.
Private Charters are a flat rate. Unlike public charters, there is no age limit. To book a private charter there must be no other pervious reservations already made for the date and time you desire. First come first serve since we only have one boat. So book well in advance if you are looking to book a private charter! There are no age restrictions for Private Charters.
- Only offered on our Dolphin Excursion tours.
- No extra cost, it is included in the price.
- We can only pick up and drop off at hotels in Waikiki and Ko Olina.
- Transportation can now be set up when you book online. Just choose the hotel you are staying on the drop down menu. It may route you to a different hotel or pick up location so please read it through carefully. Not all hotels in Waikiki can be utilized by our vans.
7:30 a.m. Boat Departure:
- If opted for transport. Pick up between 5:30 and 5:45 am.
- 7:00 am check in at the Waianae Boat Harbor, next to Spinners Cafe.
- 10:30 am return to dock at the same location.
- If opted for transport. Drop off between 12:30 am and 1:00 pm depending on traffic.
11:00 a.m. Boat Departure:
- If opted for transport. Pick up between 9:00 and 9:25 am.
- 10:30 am check in at the Waianae Boat Harbor, next to Spinners Cafe.
- 2:00 pm return to dock at the same location
- If opted for transport. Drop off between 4:00 am and 4:30 pm depending on traffic.
- 30-minute check-in
- Three hours on the boat/snorkeling dock to dock
- Four hours total
- If opted for transport; Van drive out to location is about an hour. Van drive back to hotel is about one to one hour and thirty minutes depending on traffic. Traffic in and around Honolulu can be unpredictable, so we do not recommend booking another tour too close (within an hour) of our projected return time.
- Snorkel gear: Gear is provided, but you may also bring your own. Mask (prescription masks available), snorkel, fins, and a life vest. Wet suits are available to rent for $10.00 at check-in. GoPros are available to rent for $40.00, you keep the SD card.
- Food and beverage: You will receive a cooler bag with a deli lunch including a sandwich choice and chips to go with you on the boat. We will have water and assorted juices on the boat in a cooler to help yourself.
- Soft coolers and ice: We have small, easy to carry soft coolers to stow any drinks or snacks you want to keep cold. We have complimentary ice for you to add to the bag once packed. The ice can be used for any personal coolers as well. This is available at check in where we get you are geared up. Just ask us when you get there.
- Dry bags: We will give you and your group dry bags to stow your dry goods like towels, phones and wallets. You can usually fit your own personal bag or back pack within these dry bags if need. We have two different sizes for use. Also available at check in.
Soaked and continuously dunked in a special shampoo specifically branded for cleaning wet suits, which have similar textile properties as life vests. Life Vests are left to dry naturally in the UV warmth of the sun.
Soaked and scrubbed in a solution of bleach and liquid detergent, then rinsed in water and laid out in the UV warmth of the sun to dry.
Masks and Snorkels
Soaked and scrubbed in a solution of bleach and liquid detergent, then rinsed in water. Both are then soaked for at least one minute in our Steramine sterilizing solution and kept inside to dry naturally. Once dry, each set is placed in a lidded, secure plastic container. This ensures that the masks and snorkel sets are not touched again after the sterilizing process until the next guest is presented the mask from the container for their own use.