Snorkel with spinner dolphins in Oahu
We begin as Nai’a I departs from Waianae Boat Harbor and travels along the scenic west coast in search of spinner dolphins. Take some of the most incredible photographs of your vacation as the spinners come to visit you and perform their superb aerial stunts. Few people have the opportunity to see these spectacular displays. Passively observing Spinner Dolphins while in the water is one of our goals. We follow guidelines that are dictated by Federal Law protecting these animals. We will make sure you observe these animals under an eco friendly leadership giving you a safe open ocean safari you will remember. We will also snorkel at sites with Hawaiian Sea Turtles and tropical fish. Occasionally, we encounter Bottlenose and Spotted dolphins too. During the winter months, we may even get to see a Humpback Whale or two or several. Excursions are led by seasoned island naturalists with years of experience on the Waianae Coast.
• $130 + tax Adult
• $85 + tax Child (4-12 yrs old) We do not allow children under 4 yrs old.
*10% discount applied to the total cost if you do not need transportation.
Kama’aina and Military Rates are available. Please call us 808-239-5579 to reserve under these discounted rates. Military ID, Hawaii State ID, or Hawaii State Driver’s License must be presented at check in to obtain these discounted rates. However, only one ID need be present for your whole party.
PHOTO PACKAGE (optional)
• $55 + tax Standard Photo Package for parties of 1 to 6 adults.
• $10 per adult + tax Group Photo Package for parties of 7 or more adults.
*Photo packages may be pre ordered at time of booking, or purchased that day after your tour with us. Need more time to think about it? No worries, you can always give us a call at most 3 months after your tour date to order and pay by phone.
• 7:00 AM Boat Departure: 6:30 am check in at the Waianae Boat Harbor, next to Spinners Cafe. Waikiki pick up is between 5:00 and 5:15 am, return around 12:30 pm. Ko Olina pick up is around 6:00 am, return around 11:00 am. (Return time may vary depending on traffic).
• 10:30 AM Boat Departure: 10:00 am check in at the Waianae Boat Harbor, next to Spinners Cafe. Waikiki pick up is between 8:30 am and 8:45 am, return around 4:30 pm. Ko Olina pick up is around 9:30 am, return around 3:00 pm. (Return time may vary depending on traffic).
2:00 PM departures are available and customizable upon request. Dolphins are not guaranteed at this later time. However, during Whale Season (January to March) this is still a great time to observe the big guys.
• 30 minute check in… 3 hours on the boat/snorkeling dock to dock… 30 minutes complimentary meal at air conditioned Spinners Cafe (so 4 hours total if you self drive to the harbor). If you are being picked up from Waikiki, add an additional hour and fifteen minutes drive time to and from Waianae Boat Harbor (so 6.5 hours total with Waikiki pick up).
• Round trip transportation from Waikiki and Ko Olina hotels: We can also pick up at the Aloha Tower Marketplace for those coming in by cruise ship. Also near the Airport at the Best Western Plaza Hotel. Due to strict permitting, we can not pick up at the cruise ship or airport terminals directly.
• Snorkel gear: mask (prescription masks available), snorkel, fins and a life vests. Wet suits are available to rent for $10.00 at check in.
• Lunch at Spinners Café: Choose from an assortment of breakfast or lunch local grinds. See our menu for more detail. The same menu is available for both tours.