This tour travels along the scenic west coast, where you have the opportunity to passively observe spinner dolphins, Hawaiian sea turtles, and tropical fish. Whales too during the season!
Oahu Whale Watching Tours
- Adults (13+ years old)
- Kama'aina/Military (13+ years old)
- Children (4-12 years old)
- Private Charter (up to 15 persons)
Experience Humpback Whale Watching in Oahu
See the most stunning marine life in their natural habitat on this amazing whale watching tour. Humpback whales migrate to the Hawaiian Islands during the winter months, mid-December to March, for the purpose of calving and mating. The warm inshore waters surrounding these islands offer the young whales protection from predators as they build up enough body fat for their 3,000-mile journey north.
Males reach 43 feet (14 m) and females 45 feet (15 m) in length and weigh 35 tons, on average. Males produce intricate songs during the mating season. Seeing these majestic animals and hearing their song is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
These acrobatic animals are known for breaching and slapping the water with their tails and pectoral fins. This type of whale can be found in South America, Alaska, Australia, and New Zealand, as well as a number of south Pacific islands, but one of the best places to view them up close is in the warm waters of the Hawaiian Islands.
Whale Watching Tour Overview
- This tour is primarily focused on humpback whales, but we also get in the water and snorkel with the turtles and the fish. If the dolphins are still out there, we usually stop and give them a quick look before finding the big guys.
- The parking is free and secure.
- Snorkel gear is provided, but getting in the water is always optional.