NOW OPEN. Snorkel with sea turtles and fish at multiple sites. Maybe we will find dolphins but they are not typically found at this later time.
Oahu Dolphin Excursion
- Adults (13+ years old)
- Kama'aina/Military (13+ years old)
- Children (4-12 years old, children under 4 not permitted)
- Private Charter (up to 15 persons)
Take an Unforgettable Dolphin Tour in Oahu
We begin as Nai’a I departs from Waianae Boat Harbor and travels along the scenic west coast in search of spinner dolphins. Take some of the most incredible photographs of your vacation as the spinners come to visit you and perform their superb aerial stunts. Few people have the opportunity to see these spectacular displays. We follow guidelines that are dictated by Federal Law protecting these animals. We will make sure you observe these animals under an eco friendly leadership giving you a safe open ocean safari you will remember. We will snorkel at sites with Hawaiian Sea Turtles and tropical fish. We often encounter other species of dolphins such as Bottlenose and Spotted dolphins too. During the winter months, we may even get to see a Humpback Whale or two or several. Excursions are led by seasoned island naturalists with years of experience on the Waianae Coast.
Dolphin Excursion Overview
- Only 15 guests per tour! Plenty of room to relax.
- View multiple species of wild dolphins year round and humpback whales in the winter.
- Take incredible photographs of marine life.
- Snorkel with tropical fish, and sea turtles at some of the best reefs Oahu’s west side has to offer.
- Please feel free to pack your own food and beverages. BYOB!
- Snorkel gear is provided, but bringing your own is fine too.
Adults $152 plus tax
Military ID, Hawaii State ID, or Hawaii State Driver’s License must be presented at check in to obtain these discounted rates. Only those that carry these ID’s will be given this exclusive rate in any given group. If ID is not shown, the price difference will be collected at check in before boarding.
Private Charters are a flat rate. Unlike public charters, there is no age limit. To book a private charter there must be no other pervious reservations already made for the date and time you desire. First come first serve since we only have one boat. So book well in advance if you are looking to book a private charter!
7:00 a.m. Boat Departure:
- 6:30 am check in at the Waianae Boat Harbor, next to Spinners Cafe.
- 10:00 am return to dock at the same location.
10:30 a.m. Boat Departure:
- 10:00 am check in at the Waianae Boat Harbor, next to Spinners Cafe.
- 1:30 pm return to dock at the same location.
- 30-minute check-in
- Three hours on the boat/snorkeling dock to dock
- Four hours total
- Snorkel gear: Gear is provided, but bringing your own gear is recommended at this time. You may also purchase your own set to take home with you. Mask (prescription masks available), snorkel, fins, and a life vest. Wet suits are available to rent for $10.00 at check-in.
Everyone is required to wear a mask at check in. On the boat they are optional.
Temperature is taken and recorded, including all staff and boat crew.
If any guest feels sick 24 hours with in their departure time and day, they may cancel with out penalty. Our 24 hour cancellation policy will be waived under this circumstance to ensure there is no pressure to attend to avoid cost. To keep future patrons and our crew safe, we will require at least a 10 day quarantine before booking with us again. If re-booking with us before 10 days are up, the entire cancelled party must be prepared to show proof of a negative test dated after the cancelled tour date.
* Life Vests: Soaked and continuously dunked in a special shampoo specifically branded for cleaning wet suits, which have similar textile properties as life vests. Life Vests are left to dry naturally in the UV warmth of the sun.
* Fins: Soaked and scrubbed in a solution of bleach and liquid detergent, then rinsed in water and laid out in the UV warmth of the sun to dry.
* Masks and Snorkels: Soaked and scrubbed in a solution of bleach and liquid detergent, then rinsed in water. Both are then soaked for at least one minute in our Steramine sterilizing solution and kept inside to dry naturally. Once dry, each set is placed in a lidded, secure plastic container. This ensures that the masks and snorkel sets are not touched again after the sterilizing process until the next guest is presented the mask from the container for their own use.
Before or after the tour, guests are welcome to order food and beverages from Spinners Cafe with a 10% discount. The cafe has a take out window to go or enjoy there with outside seating properly distanced. Guests may also bring their own food and beverages onto the vessel that will be kept in their own coolers, back packs or beach bags.